I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Unlimited Internet Rural Communities in Southern Indiana
April 25, 2014
Many Companies offer a host of different type of Internet programs.We'd like to explain some of the Internet Differences so you can better understand your choices for Internet in the Evansville area.
1. Phone Programs- Many phone programs 4 or 10 GIG programs. What does that mean? A "GIG" internet program allows the user to download a certain amount of information, photos, videos, etc. For example; a typical HD movie is 3-5 gigs. This means that if you have a 4 gig program, you are already over or close to your usage. If you go over, most cell phone programs charge $15.00 per gig over. Let's say you watch 4 movies at 4 gigs a piece average. You would be over 12 gigs causing you to have $180 overage charges. Sitco's program is unlimited. You can surf as much as you want, as long as you want.
2. Satellite Programs- Although some of the satellite programs are getting better and faster. They have limited capability. They may offer you 4, 6 or 10 Mb/s. These are good speeds. However, they also offer a limited number of gigs. For example; They may offer a 3 Mb/s program with 10 gigs of service. Once you use up your gigs, they drop you to 1/3rd that speed (or less). These programs range from $50.00-$120.00 a month. Satellite programs often have connection problems in areas like Evansville. We have a high amount of overcast days, storms, etc. The satellite signal doesn't communicate well during these times.
3. DSL- Transmits digital data over the wires of a local telephone network. The further you are aware from the main transmitter or signal, the weaker it gets.
4. FIBER- / CABLE- Many internet companies send their signal over FIBER or a CABLE. These tend to have great signals close to the network, but get weaker the further away from the source. Most rural communities in Southern Indiana do not have access to fiber or cable. It often cost $3000-$15,000 a mile to run fiber or cable. As a result, most Internet companies do not bring fiber out far.
5. WIRELESS or POINT TO POINT SYSTEMS- Sitco operates on a Point to Point system or a Tower to Tower. The Sitco Internet signal transmits a signal from our towers to your home or office. There are times when trees, land elevation and other factors influence coverage. Our program offers UNLIMITED surfing with packages starting in some areas at $39.95 (including taxes and sur-charges)
Thanks for visiting our site. Stay tuned for most post.