From time to time we get calls from people saying, "My Internet is Slow". Often times this is not a result of our connection, but rather a malfunctioning computer. Just today I was at my home office in Evansville and my internet was down (or so I thought). I had to reboot my computer for my computer to reconfigure my Internet settings. Many times you may have a slow computer because of a virus or too many programs running at once. Often our children load down our computer with games, applications, etc. Some times these things make our computer run slower than it should. Here are a few things you can do to make sure your computer is running faster.
1. Close all programs and reboot your system.
2. Remove any uneccessary programs.
3. Check for a virus or run an anti-virus software.
4. Call a service tech. There are times when your computer may have a failing hard drive or other error as a result of a hardware problem.
5. In some cases all you need to do is unplug your router, wait about 10 seconds and plug it back in.
6. It may be time for a New Computer- We've found many computers in Evansville and surrouding areas are out of date, too hold to manage new programs, etc. Buying a new computer may be a great investment and maybe the only good way to see increased speeds.
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!